- #111 år sidenThis discussion is for that webs who allow us to touch the heavenly auctions on japan yahoo.
Please, I require help of people who had used any of them.
Thanks for your reviews. :3 I added a little bit more information to your posts so that it is easier for other users to look through the list of reviews and find information that they're after. :)
In the future, if you are reviewing a middleman can you please begin your posts with:
[size=150][b][NAME OF MIDDLEMAN IN CAPITALS][/b][/size]
If you have a link to the middleman's website, please use:
[size=150][b][NAME OF MIDDLEMAN IN CAPITALS][/b][/size] - http:// www.linktowebsite.com
Many thanks! ^^
Mia-chanI'm not sure how many of you here have an account with Shopping Mall Japan.
If you do, please consider the following if you have a cash deposit (applicable as at time of writing 10 Feb 2017):
- Get the cash deposit refunded within 90 days otherwise you will be forced to pay PayPal fees to have it returned to you.
This is not mentioned anywhere on their website but will happen and consequently you won't get your full deposit back.
- Ask for your cash deposit back as soon as you foresee you won't be making more purchases.
If life happens and you end up forgetting about your account there, they will simply close your account with no notification and keep any cash deposits with no attempt to return it back to you first.
- Request that your cash deposit be used to pay off items/shipping costs.
This way you won't get caught out on fees if you're already over the 90 day mark and want to have your cash deposit refunded anyway.
- #211 år sidenwww.m-world-ser... Masato internet services (with selling option)
www.japan-aucti... Japan Auction Agency
easyjpauction.c... Easy Jap Auction (with selling option)
www.crescent-sh... Crescent Shop / Crescent Trading / Crescent (I've found so many names xD) Now Noppin
sutocorp.com/ Suto Corp
www.fromjapan.c... From Japan
www.hobbyshopk.... HOBBY SHOP K
japantoy.biz/ Japan shopping service
otakuagency.com... Otaku Dog (Otaku Agency)
mioboutique.blo... Mio Boutique (she is also a shop)
www.private-imp... Private import
www.amy-japan-o... Ami Japan Order
www.mailorderja... Mail Order Japan
www.blackship.c... Blackship/white rabbit
- Ashlotte • Full-time Reviewer • Very Important Boarder • lv23#311 år sidenI've been looking into sites that do this more and more...What was your general experience with Goody-Japan Yuna? Few upcoming exclusives that I was pondering about going through a service like this to get..."There are some people who live in a dream world,
and there are some who face reality;
and then there are those who turn one into the other."
- #411 år siden[GOODY-JAPAN] - www.goody-japan...
Singer Yuna latest buy in Goody-Japan.
who arrived today May 28th and was shipped on 19th of May (with SAL).
AUCTION: My first bid was 1500 yens, the minimum bid. I won xD (1500yens=11€)
But the happiness finish here.
Commission: 600 yen
Domestic Shipping: 580 yen
Bank Fee: 300 yen
International shipping(Small Packet AirMail 900g) 1,680 yen
Total amount: 4,660 yens(=34€), total amount in European shop, www.up1.co.uk/D... on United publications within shipping it will cost around the 34€ too. Not the 11€ I started bidding.
So...the best choice is that if you want TWO OR MORE FIGURES of that yahoo.jp seller, go for it, because of that, the bank fee and the local shipping will be 1 and not 2 or more.
Singer Yuna historial with Goody-Japan: Aria 1/6 figures (both form the same seller, so I won xD) Aika and Alicia Florence + Miku Hatsune Race Queen preorder + Mizuka.
- copernico1984 • • Regular Boarder • lv17#511 år siden[CCMELON] - members.ccmelon...
I have bought two items in yahoo japan with this site:
Miku hatsune volks version
domestic post:700 yens
comision:3,600 yens ouch! >_<
it arrives at home in six days
total:25,700 yens (193 €)
Nijihara Ink queen´s Gate version
price: 12,000 yens
domestic post: 550 yens
comision: 2,700 yens ouch! >_<
total:18,850 yens (142 €)
And now I have booked the miku RQ with a total price of 12200 yens( 93 € I think).
They could ship with SAL but with expensive figures I prefer EMS.
P.D:they also have an strange exchange rate
- copernico1984 • • Regular Boarder • lv17#611 år siden[TENSO] - www.tenso.com/
They are a currier agency which exports items from japan.
it works like this:
1º) Register in their website ,you have to put your personal information ,billing address and of course the type of payment.
2º) OK , after the registration they will give you a Japan address ,you can check it always in your profile .
3º) Now you can start shopping in the page you like ,they have some webs in their site like amazon jp and other webs.
4º) When you are ordering something you have to put the japan address which Tenso gave you,there is tutorial in their page ^^.
5º) Now you have to wait until the item arrives at Tenso.
6º) When they have the item ,they will send you a mail with the cost of the shipping+comision,after paid for it, you will only have to wait for the item.
My only purchase:
Kotobukiya narika limited version bought in amazon jp:6,800 yens
They only ship with EMS
- Pax416 • • Regular Boarder • lv14#711 år siden[GOODY-JAPAN] - www.goody-japan...
A proxy service that specializes in purchasing goods from Japanese online shops and/or auction sites on your behalf link
They specifically cater to overseas anime, figure, game, etc... collectors but can still be used for general consumer product purchases as well.
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication > Quick, concise, and courteous > Usually reply within 48hrs
- Low Commission > Based on % of base price of the order
- No Extraneous Fees > Some proxy services such as JapanToDoor charge you extra fees making purchases more expensive
- Variety of Shipping Options > EMS, Air Mail, SAL, or Surface Mail
- Generally Only Accept PayPal > Also accepts bank transfer or International Money Order but no direct credit/debit card charging
- Bill you in Yen with a slightly lower conversion rate (-3 yen) > Example: If conversion rate is 95, they have it converted at 92
- Require a deposit of 100 yen before using their services > Not a Fee.
= Reposted Here
- #811 år siden[JAPAMART] - www.japamart.co...
JapaMart charges a transaction fee of 5%. Their commission is higher too with a flat rate table japamart.com/ss... It's better to have a percentage based commission in this case since the lower the cost of product, the lower the commission. I ordered Racing Queen Miku from them. I could have saved a bit if I went through Goody.
[JAPANTODOOR] - www.japantodoor...
JapanToDoor is the most expensive I have come across. Their commission is pricey with a flat charge + percentage charge. Domestic bank and ship charges are also high. They take a little off the side by having minimums. With Goody, they only charge you what the cost actually is. JTD also charges a PayPal processing fee. Here's their expense calculator for them : www.japantodoor...
Using Asakura as an example, JTD would have cost me $152 with no Int.
- rowyn • • Ghost • lv22#911 år siden[CELGA] - www.celga.com/b...
Another deputy/proxy service for auction sites and purchasing goods from online sites. Emphasis on anime/game/dolls/music but may cover more.
I've been using them exclusively since 2003, and using their Gold service since 2005, which set up a unique username on Yahoo Japan so i bid myself (they handle communications and payments). Since 2005, I have 508 separate feedback for my username (yeah, I really did buy that much ^^). I email for webshop orders, which they place for me then confirm via email.
- easy to use: with Gold service, i bid and if i win, i get an invoice within a week (credit card automatically charged). if not Gold, you submit bids on their website but i haven't used this service (i used to email bids pre-2005) so can't comment.
- excellent customer service: replies usually within 24 hours if any discrepancies. they don't answer questions that require interpretation/translation of item descriptions, but they are quick to deal with any issues. if requesting a webshop purchase, i usually get confirmation of the purchase within 24 - 48 hours.
- shipping: always very well packaged in thick cardboard boxes with lining so nothing shifts. all auctions items labeled with auction URL and winning bid. they ship on request (holding onto your wins for combined ship) unless your stuff is starting to take up too much space ..
- Gold accts have a yearly Yahoo Japan fee (charged to all users), i think it was $35
- if you submit bids, you will have to make deposits on those bids
- honestly don't have a whole lot bad to say about them, and fee schedule depends on your mileage
fee schedule: a deputy fee (increases with cost of item in increments), bank fee, and ship fee (from seller to Celga). some real examples from my invoices this year:
100 yen win
$1 (item) + $2 (bank fee) + $4 (ship within japan) + $5 (deputy fee for </=1000 yen) = $12
5,883 yen website purchase (PVC)
$63 (item) + $2 (bank fee) + $8 (ship within japan) + $10 (deputy fee for 1001 - 10,000 yen) = $83
and for what it's worth, their fee schedule below $200 hasn't changed at all since i started using them in 2003 ..
- #1011 år sidenAdded Celga to the main list...
Rowyn, how much is shipping? SAL option?
- rowyn • • Ghost • lv22#1111 år siden[CELGA]
celga offers EMS, SAL/Airmail, and Surface Mail .. i've always taken EMS as ship option since i ship lots of things at once but the others are available .. charge is based directly on weight .. they usually just keep the immediate packaging intact as wrapped by seller (discarding the outer layer used to mail) and use newspaper as fill ..
- #1211 år siden[YOKATTA] - www.yokattaweb....
Yokatta, the middleman Nyx uses...has problems with the webpage, so...Im adding them to the main list but without page.
Here is some info of them...if you want to know more, ask Nyx and her experience henshinjustice.... + twitter.com/Yok...
EDIT: The web is operative aswell their twitter
- Nyx • • Regular Boarder • lv14#1311 år siden[YOKATTA] - www.yokattaweb....
I figure I'd share a middleman/deputy service I've been using recently.
Yokatta (they also have a Twitter)
Low commission - They currently only charge 700 yen commission* for online shop purchases and that's not per item. You can buy up to three items from the same shop and only pay one fee of 700 yen then every item after that is 100 yen extra. Examples at the bottom. For Yahoo Japan auction purchases their commission is 700 yen + 10% of the item price + 200 yen bank fee.
No Extra Fees - No bank (cept for Y!J), storage, packing or paypal fees.
Great Customer Service - I'm one who asks a lot of questions and they've always been extremely helpful and usually reply to me within hours. I haven't had any real problems with them.
Shipping Options - They offer a variety of shipping options from SAL to EMS. They also offer tracking for SAL if needed (500 yen). My packages were shipped quickly and packed well with no problems.
*I'm not sure if that's for under a certain amount but so far I haven't had to pay for a higher commission and my biggest purchase was around 12,000 yen. I guess if you're going to buy something that's really expensive just email them for a quote first.
- Maybe not the best for Yahoo Japan auction since their fee is a bit higher depending on what you buy.
- Their site isn't running so they're using a forum page to advertise so there isn't a place where you can see all the information quickly but it's not a big deal since you can just email.
Here's a purchase I made from Amazon.co.jp recently,
GSC Kagamine Rin - 2,985 yen
GSC Kagamine Len - 2,985 yen
GSC Nendoroid Kagamiku - 1,575 yen
+ 700 yen commission
+ 0 domestic shipping**
Total - 8,245 yen (before international shipping)
**Amazon.co.jp ships items over 1,500 yen for free domestically.
- #1411 år sidenrowyncelga offers EMS, SAL/Airmail, and Surface Mail .. i've always taken EMS as ship option since i ship lots of things at once but the others are available .. charge is based directly on weight .. they usually just keep the immediate packaging intact as wrapped by seller (discarding the outer layer used to mail) and use newspaper as fill ..Ehm...I emailed them...if charge is based directly on weight Im a human walking nendoroid...because they sent to me a shipping payment request of 43$ only for a SAL package of...570 gr.
So something is going wrong...
- #1511 år sidenOrdered Seena with Yokatta ^^
Emailed them at firstname.lastname@example.org and also twittered them.
I also ordered through Celga...but no more...they're slow.
And expecting tenso for one preorder on amazon.jp.
- Nyx • • Regular Boarder • lv14#1811 år siden[TOKYOBUYERS] - tokyobuyers.blo...
A friend of mine uses one called Tokyo Buyers for Y!Japan Auction. I don't buy much from Y!Japan so I never used them (they offer to buy from Japanese stores and etc as well but it's cheaper with Yokatta for me) but he says it's good. Price seems pretty decent and he said he never had any real problems with them. Thought you guys might like to check it out.
- Mona_sama • • Very Important Boarder • lv23#1911 år sidenIs no one using SMJ?
Did anyone make some experiences with them?
I wanted to hear some other opinions before I reveil something about them. ^^
- Fychan • • Very Important Boarder • lv20#2011 år siden[SHOPPING MALL JAPAN]
I used Shopping Mall Japan.
It has been quite some time, so I don't exactly remember... I do remember I got a bit disappointed. But that was because I had never bought anything from a middlemen before.
They require you to deposit a fee before being able to bid - If you deposit 1000Y, you can bid up to 5000Y for example.
They are veery slow. It took some time for them to open my account, and them more time for them to increase my bidding limit, and then even more time to send the invoice.
As for the commision, it was 8$ for 3900Y plus 2,50$ of wire fee and 1010Y of internal shipping. The internacional shipping was kinda pricey, 50$... EMS to Brazil sure is expensive >_>
- 1,637 svar