HjemForumThread #15393

Figure Site and Shop Forum[Proxy / Forwarding service] JPN Depot (Japan Depot)

6 svar

• 6 svar
  • MaakieRegular Boarder
    Maakie
    • Nei
    • 7 år siden
    • The Netherlands, Netherlands
    1 måned siden • Oppdatert 21 dager siden
    Update/answer to this case:

it seems to be a rule every forwarder should follow up, but only a part of them seem to be doing.

In good news, at JPN Depot they don't literally need your ID, they only want some kind of proof next to your PayPal that you actually live at the address you will be having the goods forwarded to. So I coincidentally just got a bill to pay a few $ extra to my insurance company a few days before. Photographed it and send. I got approved in no time. To be honest, I also rather have them not seeing bills like that, but this way the only important info on the bill is my name + address, which will match with my PayPal, on which they will see my name and address anyway.

To help out, here is a list of the stores/forwarders/proxy's so far who also seem to follow these same rules:

- JPN Depot
    - JShoppers Tenso
    - Tenso.com
    - Rakuten
    - Black Ship from White Rabbit Express

So yeah, don't feel scared when they ask (they actually should by law), and be glad that a simple bill addressed to your name is enough for identification. :)

Original post:
    Hello! I looked through the forums and saw no thread about JPN (Japan) Depot, so made this one (sorry if there is a double).

I saw some recommendations for this service here and there on this site (mainly as comments on blogs), so was interested in trying it out myself as so far proxy's and forwarders have been a bit disappointing for me. Anyway, shortly after making my account I was unpleasantly surprised with the following part:

----

New japanese law, which is called act on prevention of transfer of criminal proceeds, has been enforced on 1 April 2011. Companies related to the commercial activity of exporting or forwarding goods to a foreign country must confirm their customer's identity before providing services. Please kindly submit your copy of identification with your name, the date of birth, current address on it. Thank you!

Please kindly take a picture of your IDs with your mobile and submit to us from the form below. Usually driver's license and/or passport is good enough for us. The address shown in your ID will be the shipping address we use for shipment. So, the address of submitted ID should be the same as the address you registered with JPN-Depot.

---

I'm not really a fan of sending ID-info online. So I wanted to check if the people using JPN Depot have indeed send their ID's to them?

I tried many proxy's/forwarders before and never had this, so I'm a bit careful, even though there are enough positive reviews about them... Thanks for reading/replying!
    Things I am selling/trading: LIST #14643 & LIST #45514 & LIST #57698 & LIST #64389 Thanks for looking!

Cosplay website: tinyurl.com/maa...

Figure blog: profile/Maakie/...
  • agentmozellnerd extraordinaireRegular Boarder
    agentmozell
    • Nei
    • 2 år siden
    • TX
    1 måned siden
    I've never used them but this is a huge red flag. I wouldn't use them if they're asking for this information.
    my shop: profile/agentmo...

Pre-Orders I'm Giving Up: LIST #78551

group order(s): N/A
  • victorviperRegular Boarder
    victorviper
    • Nei
    • 6 år siden
    • USA
    1 måned siden • Oppdatert 1 måned siden
    I've heard of shops based in the US asking foreign customers for a scan of their personal identification to try to prevent credit card fraud, but I've never heard of a Japanese merchant asking a customer for this kind of information.

It could just be them following some law to the letter, while 99% of the other forwarders play a little fast and loose, but it seems a little sketchy to me.
  • syouta0215Regular Boarder
    syouta0215
    • Nei
    • 6 måneder siden
    • japan
    1 måned siden
    My English is difficult to read.

I studied variously at the search site.
    Companies such as Rakuten write the same thing.
    It seems that those who live abroad are also targeted.
    I have never actually used the service, so I do not know the details,
    It is a law that is not well recognized.

However, it becomes the law which was established exactly in Japan.

Rakuten
    globalexpress.r...

It is a Japanese wiki
    ja.wikipedia.or...

I'm glad if you can use it as a reference.
    my feedback
    LIST #99753

Middleman rule
    LIST #99754
  • KuromiiHaikyuu nerdlordRegular Boarder
    Kuromii
    • Ja
    • 6 år siden
    • England, UK
    1 måned siden
    Black Ship from WhiteRabbit require this info too.
  • MaakieRegular Boarder
    Maakie
    • Nei
    • 7 år siden
    • The Netherlands, Netherlands
    21 dager siden • Oppdatert 21 dager siden
    Seems like I didn't get notifications from this thread, so I'm sorry for this late reply! I appreciate everyone that commented. I got in contact with user ATUNAFISH who explained to me (just like SYOUTA0215 in this thread) that it seems to be a rule every forwarder should follow up, but only a part of them seem to be doing.

In good news, at JPN Depot they don't literally need your ID, they only want some kind of proof next to your PayPal that you actually live at the address you will be having the goods forwarded to. So I coincidentally just got a bill to pay a few $ extra to my insurance company a few days before. Photographed it and send. I got approved in no time. To be honest, I also rather have them not seeing bills like that, but this way the only important info on the bill is my name + address, which will match with my PayPal, on which they will see my name and address anyway.

To help out, here is a list of the stores/forwarders/proxy's so far who also seem to follow these same rules:

- JPN Depot
    - JShoppers Tenso
    - Tenso.com
    - Rakuten
    - Black Ship from White Rabbit Express

So yeah, don't feel scared when they ask (they actually should by law), and be glad that a simple bill addressed to your name is enough for identification. :)

*edit* Now that there is a thread for this shop, I will update here once I've made and received my order and let you guys know how it went!
    Things I am selling/trading: LIST #14643 & LIST #45514 & LIST #57698 & LIST #64389 Thanks for looking!

Cosplay website: tinyurl.com/maa...

Figure blog: profile/Maakie/...
  • 6 svar
  • Bli med i klubben for å kunne diskutere!