MFCPeg durability

• GrogoFloh
    GrogoFlohRegular Boarder • lv5
    Offline2 svar
    1 måned siden
    Hi guys,

I would really appreciate if you could share your opinion on a certain fear of mine.

I received ITEM #740277 a few days ago. She is my first 1/4 figure. I currently display her in an acrylic case standing on my desk since she is way too large for my detolf and also because I really enjoy having her in my field of view.

Whenever I occasionally bump into my desk, the figure starts to shake quite a bit (which of course is to be expected regarding her height and weight). Now I started to wonder how much of a risk this is regarding the durability of her peg. Do you think it is likely that the peg will break eventually, although it is made out of metal? Or will the hole in her foot loosen up over time, so that the peg won't fit as tight anymore? I really don't want to risk the figure from falling over sometime in the future so I would appriciate if you could share some of your experiences with figures that don't stand completely still.

Should I move her to a safer spot or do you think it is enough if I try to not bump into my desk too often?

Thanks.
  • Taralen
    TaralenElf HoarderRegular Boarder • lv25
    Offline294 svar
    1 måned siden
    If I had to be perfectly honest, I'd drill some metal rods in to keep her more stable. Plastic rods for pvc always urk me because they are so breakable.
    You can get small hand drills and aluminum or brass rods on Amazon.
    Taralen
  • GrogoFloh
    GrogoFlohRegular Boarder • lv5
    Offline2 svar
    1 måned siden
    Taralen1 måned siden#81474979If I had to be perfectly honest, I'd drill some metal rods in to keep her more stable. Plastic rods for pvc always urk me because they are so breakable.
    You can get small hand drills and aluminum or brass rods on Amazon.

One of her feet is actually hold by a metal peg. The other is only hold be a plastic wedge.
    Since I'm very bad at craftsmanship, drilling into my most expensive figure would be something like a last resort for me. I think before doing that I would actually search for another place for her somewhere in my room (although I would need to reorganize quite some stuff for that).
  • Taralen
    TaralenElf HoarderRegular Boarder • lv25
    Offline294 svar
    1 måned siden
    GrogoFloh1 måned siden#81474986One of her feet is actually hold by a metal peg. The other is only hold be a plastic wedge.
    Since I'm very bad at craftsmanship, drilling into my most expensive figure would be something like a last resort for me. I think before doing that I would actually search for another place for her somewhere in my room (although I would need to reorganize quite some stuff for that).

It should be fine of the other foot has a metal peg
    Taralen
  • Bli med i klubben for å kunne diskutere!
  • 4 svar
Europe's friend for everything manga, anime and related merchandise!

MFC341